Source: The Burger Dude
Vegan Takis Friend Chick’n Sandwich
- 2 Gardein Chick’n Scallopini filet
- 1-2 cups crushed Takis
- 1/3 cup plant milk
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- Grillo's Dill Pickle Chips
- 1 burger bun
- 2 Tbsp of vegan Ranch
- Bring a pot of oil to 375 degrees.
- While your oil is heating up, microwave your chick’n filets for 1-2 minutes to thaw them. Combine the 2 filets together by mashing them until they form 1 big patty.
- Put about 2 big handfuls of Takis in a ziploc bag (I crushed the entire bag of Takis so I'm guesstimating, you might need more) crush them with a tenderizer or hammer, or your hands if you gotta!
- Prepare your dredging station. Combine the plant milk, hot sauce and apple cider vinegar in one bowl, let it sit for a couple minutes to form the buttermilk. Combine the flour and cajun seasoning in another bowl. Add crushed Takis to a third bowl.
- Once oil is up to frying temperature, dredge your filet first in the flour, then the wet mixture and then liberally coat with the crushed Takis. Place carefully in oil and let it fry for about 5-6 minutes.
- Add some vegan Ranch to both the top and bottom buns. Add your Fried Chick'n then top with pickles and the top bun.