Slow cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders with dilly ranch
Ingredients Buffalo Chicken Sliders:
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (16oz) jar Grillo’s classic dill pickle chips
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 12 King’s Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- ⅔ cups cayenne pepper sauce (like Franks RedHot) + more for drizzling
- ½ cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ tsp worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Add the butter to a small pot and cook over medium heat until just melted. Then, add the hot sauce, vinegar and spices and stir to combine.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes, whisking constantly until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir together the ranch dressing and fresh dill. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the chicken breasts and sliced onions to a 5-6qt slow cooker. Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken and gently stir to ensure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Cover and cook undisturbed on high for 4-5hrs, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Move the chicken to a large bowl and gently shred before mixing with the remaining onions and the cooking liquid.
- Thinly slice 2 stalks of celery and set aside for garnish.
- Separate the King’s Hawaiian slider rolls and slice in half before setting the bottom pieces on a serving tray.
- Add a scoop of the shredded chicken to each bun and top with sliced celery and a drizzle of dilly ranch.
- Add 2-3 pickle chips to each, then replace the tops on and serve with extra hot sauce on the side.