Grillo’s Original Tangy BLT
- 3 strips thick-cut, naturally cured bacon, cooked
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 thick cut slices of beefsteak tomatoes
- 4 Grillo’s Pickles Sandwich Makers
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring griddle or skillet to medium-low heat. Add bacon and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, then flip, cover again, and continue cooking until bacon is browned on both sides and fat has rendered, about 3 minutes longer. Transfer bacon to a paper towel–lined plate and set aside.
- Lay toasted bread on a work surface and spread mayonnaise on both top faces. Divide lettuce evenly between both pieces of bread. Layer tomato slices and Grillo’s Pickles Sandwich Makers on 1 piece of bread and sprinkle generously with coarse salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Break bacon slices in half and layer them onto the sandwich in 2 layers of 3 half slices each, alternating the orientation of bacon in each layer for more structural stability. Close sandwich and cut in half diagonally. Serve immediately.