Source: Brianna Gallo (@plvntfood)
Fried Pickles with Buffalo Mustard Aioli
Ingredients Fried Pickles
- Oil for frying (vegetable or peanut)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon franks red hot sauce
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1⁄2-1 cup water
- 16 ounces Grillo's dill pickle slices, drained and dried on paper towels
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/3 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup franks red hot sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- (For Fried Pickles) Heat 3-4 inches oil in a heavy bottomed pot over medium-high heat to 375-degrees F.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, Cajun seasoning, baking powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add hot sauce and water and mix until smooth. You want this to be a little thinner than pancake batter.
- Working in batches, add drained Grillo's pickles to the batter, gently toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon (or Chinese Spider) or a fork, remove pickles from the batter and let excess drip off. Gently add pickles to the oil one at a time. Fry for about 1 1/2-2 minutes or until golden. Remove and let drain on paper towels, salting immediately after removing from the fryer. Monitor oil temperature as batches are frying to maintain consistent 375-degrees F.
- Serve with Buffalo Mustard Aioli.
- (For Buffalo Mustard Aioli) Mix all ingredients together well, adjusting for seasoning & allow to cool in the fridge until ready to use.