WIN A YEAR’S SUPPLY
OF GRILLO’S PICKLES
AND HELP US PICK OUR NEXT MASCOT!
Sixteen Sam Sams (our lawn chair lounging mascot) have been turned into NFTs and are about to duke it out in a March Madness-style bracket on our social channels.
Choose the ultimate winner of Pickle Madness and you could be a winner of
FIFTY-TWO WEEKS OF PICKLES, A BALLER GRILLO’S MERCH PACK
plus your winning selection will be crafted into our Summer mascot,
featured on upcoming merch, social posts, and more!
Meet The Contenders
HOW DO I GET IN THE ACTION?
THERE ARE THREE WAYS!
- Play along on social! Post a photo of Grillo’s to your social feed on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and/or TikTok with the hashtag #GrillosPickles and the hashtag of the Sam Sam NFT you think will go all the way. On May 13 at noon we’ll randomly draw FOUR winners who correctly predicted the winner of the Pickle Madness Bracket to win A YEAR’S SUPPLY OF PICKLES and some great Grillo’s gear.
- Vote on social! Each day from April 26 to May 10, we’ll be releasing ONE matchup as polls on our Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter accounts. The winner of each head-to-head matchup will be determined by YOUR VOTES on our social channels. So follow @grillospickles and let us know who you think should advance to the next stage of play each day!
- Go snag an NFT on Rarible! If you’re new to the NFT game, peep our FAQ for more information on how to get started. April 21-24, we’ll be releasing FOUR Sam Sam NFTs to Rarible throughout the day. These NFTs will start at $6.99, the cost of a jar of pickles. But they will also be first come first serve, so move fast! Remember, there’s only one of each so snag the one you think will go the distance. We will announce which Sam Sam NFT reigned victorious on May 13. If you own this Sam Sam NFT, congratulations, it will become famous as our next mascot.
How do I get my hands on a Sam Sam NFT?
We will be releasing four Sams per day (randomly throughout the day!) onto the Rarible marketplace between April 21 and April 24. The Sam Sams will be offered for $6.99 on a first come, first served basis. You may have already completed some/all of these steps but if you want to buy one, here’s how it would work:
- Create for a crypto wallet (like via Coinbase Wallet or MetaMask) and sign up for a crypto trading app (like Coinbase).
- Purchase some Ethereum from the trading app. It will be sent to your wallet.
- Go to Rarible.com and connect your wallet to the platform. Only some wallets can connect to Rarible. (Coinbase Wallet and MetaMask are the biggest. You will need to send your Ethereum to these connected wallets if it’s not already there.)
- Head over to https://rarible.com/grillos and buy one of the available Sam Sams.
- You now own one of the 16 Sam Sams. Be on the lookout for bids coming your way. Someone may want to buy it from you, but it’s 100% up to you if you want to sell.
Can I buy more than one Sam Sam NFT?
No. There’s a limit of one Sam Sam NFT per Rarible wallet address. Don’t be a hog!
What is a “gas fee” or “miner fee”?
Since most NFT transactions are recorded in the Ethereum blockchain, and the only way to put something onto the blockchain is to mine Ethereum, which requires electricity, or “gas,” there is a cost to every transaction. This gas fee is what you have to pay the miner to get some information (like your transaction) onto the blockchain.
Instead of learning about crypto-concepts from a pickle website, we suggest watching this two-minute video. Be aware that miner fees can be incredibly high and will vary by the time of day. Usually late at night or early in the morning is when they’re cheapest.
Can I sell my Sam Sam NFT to someone else?
Yes, if you want to. If someone makes a bid on your Sam Sam NFT, and you accept, it will be transferred for the bid price. There will be fees associated with any transactions (that Grillo’s will not cover), so make sure you know what the associated costs are. On the PLUS side, 25% of each subsequent purchase price will also be captured as a donation to Feeding America, so that’s great.
How do I enter on social?
It’s easy and there’s no purchase necessary! Post a photo to your social feeds (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and/or TikTok) of Grillo’s (in your home, in the store, in your mom’s fridge, whatever!) along with the hashtag #GrillosPickles AND the hashtag of the Sam Sam you think will go all the way (e.g. #StonksSamSam). Each unique post counts as an entry (got four social accounts? That’s four entries possible!). As Sam Sams get eliminated in the competition you can always REPOST with your new prediction. You get a total of TWENTY posts cumulative across all social platforms over the course of the competition, so choose wisely where to throw your support! You have until 11:59:59 AM EDT on May 13, 2021 to enter via social.
Here are the names of all 16 NFTS:
To win the social contest, do I have to be following Grillo’s on a social platform?
Yes. At the end of the contest, when we pick a winner of the social contest, you must be following the Grillo’s account on the platform you entered on. That’s how we’ll reach out to winners. So give us a follow: @grillospickles
How does voting work?
Which Sams advance in the tournament will depend on which one wins the most votes in each head-to-head matchup. From April 26 through May 10 we’ll share one head-to-head matchup between two Sam Sam NFTs per day as polls on Grillo’s Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Twitter social media accounts. Look for the polls on our feeds (will sometimes be in Instagram Stories) to “vote” for which Sam Sam you think should win. Polls will be released at noon ET each day and will run for 24 hours. Want the detailed dates and times for each round of the Sweet 16? Check out the Official Rules.
Can I vote more than once on each social platform?
You can only vote once per matchup on the same platform. But you can vote on all four platforms if you like.
Tell me more about the GRAND PRIZES.
Sure thing, Pat. Four GRAND PRIZE WINNERS will receive a year’s worth of Grillo’s Pickles as well as a dope Grillo’s merch pack made up of classic and limited-edition gear. On May 13, we’ll randomly select four entries from the pool of social entries who correctly predicted which Sam Sam would reign victorious (we’ll use your hashtags for this, so make sure you spell them right!)